Lanyards are an extremely versatile tool when it comes to identity. Whether that means for your brand or business in promotional and marketing terms, safety identification for hospitals, schools and the public sector, or for access purposes at an event or festival – lanyards are the go-to item for many.
By personalising your lanyards, you ensure that not only appear professional, but you have an easy and visually recognisable form of identification, that suits all purposes.
If you are looking for something to help promote your brand and help your business to grow, or if you want to add an extra promotional tool to your existing brand, then personalised lanyards are a cost-effective and efficient solution.
By personalising your lanyards with your company logo and/or brand colours, you increase your exposure to potential customers, especially as neck lanyards are constantly visible to the eye. Because they are practical items, recipients are more likely to wear or use them, especially if your branding is colourful and smart, making your brand reach the widest possible consumer base.
Company branding on your lanyards can make your business appear official and professional to potential customers or clients, so personalised lanyards can form the first impression that your business has on a wider audience. By personalising them, lanyards can become a powerful brand identity tool. As well for promotional reasons, having a brand identity that can be displayed can also convey a sense of professionalism and improve morale amongst staff members, uniting them with a sense of purpose.
You can have your logo, company branding, or text directly printed or dyed onto lanyards, in a variety of Pantone matched colours. This personalised design feature is a truly attractive proposition to businesses looking to raise their corporate profile, or even charity organisations looking to increase awareness.
Visitor badges can play an important part in your business’ security strategy. They are one of the most affordable and visible forms of identification, making them an excellent choice for businesses both large and small. However, one of the biggest problems with visitor ID badges is they either have to be pinned on, with the potential of damaging visitor clothing or kept in a pocket or bag, which does not help with easy accessibility or visibility.
Lanyards are a hugely popular alternative. Cheap to purchase, even when personalised with a business brand, they are the perfect solution for businesses and organisations to help keep your premises, employees, and visitors secure.
Both your lanyards and visitor badges can be personalised with both design and information. You may want to consider the following options for visitor badges:
- Basic information such as name and the reason for the visit are a basic requirement for ID badges.
- If you are in a highly secure building, the level of access and security clearance for each visitor should be added to your visitor identification cards.
- If you can acquire a photo in advance of a visitor visiting your premises, then this is a useful feature to have and provides visual identification for staff and security in your building.
- If you don’t mind the extra expense, you can have encoding features such as watermarks, UV printing or magnetic strips put onto your visitor badges, although these may be more applicable in high security industries where sensitive data may be accessible.
- Colour coding your lanyards with specific colours assigned to certain areas of the building is a useful tool of personalisation and can help enormously with security.
Lanyards are regularly used by security personnel around the world in both the public and private sectors. They often use printed lanyards with specific text or logos as this allows members of security to be quickly identifiable, a necessity when you are dealing with high pressure situations and circumstances.
Members of security also use lanyards to hold ID badges, vital in their line of work. Lanyards used in this manner can also help identify members and staff of businesses or organisations. If all employees are required to wear a personalise lanyard and ID badge, it is easier to identify any person(s) on the premises that shouldn’t be there. And because a lanyard is worn around the neck, ID badges are prominently displayed. Making safety and security for businesses as straightforward as possible.
Personalised lanyards and accessories also have a vital role to play in regard to security and access control in environments where there is sensitive data or research, or controlled equipment such as scientific laboratories and hospitals. ID badges are already an established part of security for hospitals, but by personalising them with different colours in relation to different sections of the hospital, you ensure you have quickly identifiable passes to help with access control.
Another sector where security is of paramount importance is education. Educational settings must be especially vigilant regarding safety, and for many educational boards, personalised lanyards are providing an affordable and cost-effective option for identification purposes, especially as they can be ordered in bulk amounts.
The use of printed lanyards identifying staff, and lanyards with visitor ID badges not only helps keep children safe but is an easy visual for faculty and students alike.
One of the advantages of having personalised lanyards is that they can be used within your company, not just as promotional offerings for marketing and events. Not only are they a useful tool to carry identification badges but having personalised security lanyards can identify visitors and help keep your employees safe. Different coloured lanyards can separate different departments and levels of access, keeping key information secure. As employees and visitors will wear your personalised lanyards regularly, you get the added benefit of increasing your company exposure.
You mustn’t forget your accessories!
Identification holders are by far the most purchased lanyard accessory. Even if you have personalised lanyards, you still need an identification holder. There are two general types of holders:
- Clear Soft PVC badge holders – These are clear wallets with punched holes to accommodate both single and double ended lanyards. They come in a range of sizes, are inexpensive to buy and provide easy accessibility for security purposes. The ID can be slotted in at the top and the PVC is weatherproof.
- Rigid plastic ID Cardholders – These can be used for ID’s or membership cards as they are available in both portrait and landscape orientations. They are also available either open faced or enclosed and can be used for double sided ID purposes. Around the size of your credit card, they can be customised to your business or organization, or simply bought in a range of colours. These are sturdier and less flexible than their soft PVC counterparts, so offer a durability suitable for long term wear.
Personalised Lanyards from Only Lanyards
If you are looking for a personalised lanyard, then you find it hard to find the right option for you. Choosing a lanyard can involve design, style, and material, so here at Only Lanyards, we pride ourselves on making this process as easy as possible for our customers.
Our focus is on you, the customer, not just the lanyards we sell.
Over the years we have built up a wealth of knowledge and experience, working with some of the world's biggest brands. Although our customers are primarily UK based, we have customers throughout Europe, Scandinavia, Australia, and the United States.
Over the same period, we have built a superb team of great people to provide excellent service for our customers, along with exceptional relationships with our supply chain, allowing us to get great pricing and delivery flexibility to meet the needs of you, our customers.
If you are interested in finding out more about personalised lanyards and the options you have, please contact our team today.